One of the most crucial aspects of giving a best man speech is knowing how to end it. Make the newlyweds feel special and leave the audience with a memorable impression. However, how precisely do you do that?
There are numerous ways to conclude a best man speech, and ultimately it comes down to your preferences and the overall mood of the speech.
Some individuals like to conclude with a sentimental toast, while others like to do so with a joke or anecdote that makes them laugh.
Whatever strategy you choose, the most important thing is to maintain it in a way that is appropriate for the couple and their families.
In this post, we’ll look at a few ideas and techniques for best man speeches that will leave the audience with a lasting impression.
We will give examples of several speech closings, ranging from sentimental to hilarious, and offer advice on how to pick the best strategy for your individual speech.
Therefore, whether you’re a seasoned public speaker or this is your first time serving as best man, we have all the information you need to wrap up your speech in confidence and flair.
The Importance of Ending Your Best Man Speech Well
When it comes to giving a best man speech, the ending is just as important as the beginning and middle.
A strong conclusion can leave a lasting impression on the audience and make the newlyweds feel truly special. Here are some reasons why ending your best man speech well is crucial:
- Leaving a positive lasting impression: The ending of your speech is what people will remember most. By ending on a high note, you can ensure that the guests leave with a positive impression of both you and the newlyweds.
- Making the newlyweds feel special: The best man speech is a chance to celebrate the newlyweds and their love. A heartfelt and sincere ending can make the couple feel truly special and loved.
- Wrapping up your speech effectively: A strong ending can help to tie together the different parts of your speech and leave the audience feeling satisfied.
To ensure that your best man’s speech ends well, it’s important to consider your audience and the tone of your speech.
If your speech has been humorous, a light-hearted and funny ending can work well. On the other hand, if your speech has been more sentimental, a heartfelt and sincere ending may be more appropriate.
Some ways to end your best man speech include:
- A toast to the newlyweds: Ending your speech with a toast to the newlyweds is a classic way to wrap up your speech. Just make sure to keep it short and sweet.
- A final joke or anecdote: If your speech has been humorous, ending with a final joke or anecdote can be a great way to leave the audience laughing.
- A heartfelt message: If you want to end your speech on a more sentimental note, consider sharing a heartfelt message with the newlyweds. This can be a great way to make the couple feel truly loved and appreciated.
Remember, the ending of your best man speech is just as important as the rest of your speech.
By taking the time to craft a strong and memorable conclusion, you can leave a lasting impression on the audience and make the newlyweds feel truly special.
How to End Your Best Man Speech
As the best man, you have the important task of delivering the final words of your speech.
It’s important to end on a strong note that will leave a lasting impression on the happy couple and their guests. Here are some tips to help you end your best man speech with style.
Your ending should be memorable and powerful. You can end with a heartfelt message, a funny joke or a toast to the newlyweds.
Whatever you choose, make sure it reflects your relationship with the couple and your wishes for their future together. Keep in mind that your ending is the last thing people will remember from your speech, so make it count.
Keep it Short and Sweet
While you want to end strong, you don’t want to overstay your welcome. Keep your ending short and sweet, so you don’t lose your audience’s attention. A good rule of thumb is to keep your ending no longer than a minute or two.
End with a Poem or Inspirational Quote
If you’re looking for a more poetic or inspirational way to end your speech, consider ending with a quote or poem that reflects the couple’s love story. You can find many great quotes and poems online that will inspire and uplift your audience.
Raise a Glass
A classic way to end a best man speech is to raise a glass to the happy couple. This is a great way to toast to their future together and show your respect and admiration for them.
Thank the Happy Couple and the Audience
Finally, don’t forget to thank the happy couple and their guests for allowing you to be a part of their special day.
Express your gratitude for the opportunity to be the best man and share in their joy. This is a great way to end your speech on a sincere and upbeat note.
Ending your best man speech can be a challenge, but with a little research and planning, you can create a powerful and memorable ending that will leave a lasting impression on the happy couple and their guests.
Remember to keep it sincere, upbeat, and respectful, and you’ll do just fine.
When it comes to ending a best man speech, it’s important to finish strong. We want to leave a lasting impression on the newlyweds and their guests.
Here are some tips to ensure that your closing remarks are memorable and effective:
- Recap the highlights: Briefly summarize the key points of your speech, highlighting the most memorable moments. This will help reinforce your message and ensure that your audience remembers the important parts of your speech.
- Offer congratulations: Congratulate the newlyweds on their marriage and offer your best wishes for their future together. This is a great opportunity to express your happiness for the couple and to show your support for their relationship.
- End with a toast: A toast is a traditional way to end a best man speech. Raise your glass and propose a toast to the newlyweds, wishing them a lifetime of love and happiness. Make sure to use a heartfelt and sincere tone, and avoid any inappropriate or offensive comments.
- Keep it concise: Remember that your closing remarks should be brief and to the point. Avoid rambling or going off on tangents, and stick to the main message of your speech. This will help ensure that your audience stays engaged and interested until the very end.
By following these tips, we can ensure that our best man speech ends on a high note.
With a little preparation and a lot of heart, we can leave a lasting impression on the newlyweds and their guests, and help make their wedding day even more special.
Keep it Short and Sweet
When it comes to ending a best man speech, it’s important to keep it brief. We don’t want to drag on for too long and bore the guests, but we also want to make sure we leave a lasting impression.
A short and sweet ending is the perfect way to wrap up our speech. One way to keep it short is to avoid going off on tangents.
We should stick to our main points and not get sidetracked with unnecessary stories or jokes.
We can also use bullet points to help us stay on track and keep our ending concise.
Another way to keep it sweet is to end with a memorable quote or phrase. This can be a heartfelt message to the newlyweds or a funny one-liner that ties into our speech.
Whatever it is, it should be something that the guests will remember long after the wedding is over.
This is a great way to end our speech on a positive note and show our appreciation for the opportunity to be the best man.
Keeping our ending short and sweet is the perfect way to wrap up our best man speech.
By staying on track, using memorable quotes, and thanking the newlyweds, we can leave a lasting impression on the guests and make the wedding day even more special.
End with a Poem or Inspirational Quote
Sometimes the best way to end a best man speech is with a poem or inspirational quote. This can be a great way to leave the newlyweds with a lasting message that they can carry with them throughout their marriage.
Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect poem or quote to end your speech.
First, consider the tone of your speech. If you’ve been telling funny stories and making jokes, you might want to choose a poem or quote that is lighthearted and humorous.
On the other hand, if your speech has been more serious and sentimental, you might want to choose a more heartfelt poem or quote.
Next, think about the couple. What are their interests and values? Is there a poem or quote that speaks to their relationship or their hopes for the future? Choosing a poem or quote that is meaningful to the couple can add a special touch to your speech.
When it comes to delivering the poem or quote, make sure to practice beforehand. You want to be able to deliver it with confidence and emotion.
Consider printing out the poem or quote and reading it from the paper, or memorizing it if you feel comfortable.
Ending your best man speech with a poem or inspirational quote can be a beautiful way to leave a lasting impression on the newlyweds.
By considering the tone of your speech and the couple’s interests and values, you can choose a poem or quote that is meaningful and special. Remember to practice beforehand so you can deliver it with confidence and emotion.
Raise a Glass
When it comes to ending a best man speech, raising a glass is a classic and effective way to conclude.
It’s a chance to toast the newlyweds and express your well wishes for their future together. Here are a few tips to make sure your toast hits the mark:
- Keep it short and sweet: A long-winded toast can drag on and lose its impact. Keep your toast to a few sentences or a short paragraph.
- Use the couple’s names: Make sure to include the names of the bride and groom in your toast. This personal touch will make the toast feel more meaningful.
- Express your wishes for their future: Whether it’s health, happiness, or success, express your sincere hopes for the couple’s future together.
- Raise your glass: Don’t forget to actually raise your glass during the toast! This is a visual cue that signals to the audience that the toast is ending.
Here are a few examples of toasts that you can use as inspiration:
- “To [Bride’s Name] and [Groom’s Name], may your love for each other continue to grow stronger with each passing year. Cheers!”
- “We raise a glass to [Bride’s Name] and [Groom’s Name], wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter, and happiness. Congratulations!”
- “Here’s to [Bride’s Name] and [Groom’s Name], two people who are truly meant to be together. May your love story continue to inspire us all. Cheers!”
Thank the Happy Couple and the Audience
As the best man, it is important to express gratitude towards the happy couple for giving you the honor to be their best man.
We can start by thanking the couple for their friendship and the opportunity to be part of their special day. This is a great way to show appreciation and make them feel special.
It is also important to thank the audience for their presence and support. We can acknowledge the effort and time they took to attend the wedding, especially those who traveled from far away.
This is a great way to make the audience feel appreciated and included.
One way to express gratitude towards the happy couple and the audience is by raising a toast.
We can propose a toast to the couple for their love and commitment towards each other, and to the audience for their presence and support.
This is a great way to end the speech on a positive note and leave a lasting impression.
In addition, we can also include a personal anecdote or story about the couple to show how much they mean to us.
This can be a heartwarming moment that will make the couple feel special and appreciated.
Thanking the happy couple and the audience is an important part of ending a best man speech.
It shows gratitude and appreciation towards those who made the wedding possible and memorable.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, we'll earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you.